That’s why manufacturers often get confused whether to invest in liquid painting service or powder coating services. There is no distinct answer to this. In some situation, wet paint easily beats powder coating ( ) and a far better option whereas in some situations nothing can match the powder coating.
So we are not going into the debate of which one is best instead of that today we will discuss the three things you should know about liquid painting.
1. What is liquid painting and how it is applied?
Liquid painting or wet paint is a process of application of the layer of paint on the metal substrate using a spray gun. Paint is sprayed on the surface of the metal with high pressure.
Surface to be painted is first thoroughly cleaned and prepared for receiving the paint. Preparation of surface involves filling, sanding, and removal of existing layer of the paint. After cleaning and preparing the surface, wet paint is blasted on the surface of the workpiece. It forms a uniform layer of the paint on the surface of the substrate and left to dry. The thickness of the paint coating is approximately 15-20 micrometers.
2. What are the advantages of liquid painting?
Before you hire a liquid painting service, you should know what advantages wet paint offers.
• It increases the corrosion resistance of metal substrate and protects metal parts against extreme weather conditions. It forms a uniform layer on the substrate which provides better protection to metal substrate against corrosion.
• It can be used for a vast range of materials. Ferrous and nonferrous metals both can be coated uniformly. It is also a preferred choice for the coating of the materials that cannot be heated. Also, it is an economical method of metal finishing.
• It forms a very thin layer of the paint on the surface of the metal that provides quality finishing. Also, the color range for liquid painting is unlimited. You have unlimited color choices. Also, the finishing of liquid painting is more vibrant and alive.
3. What are the drawbacks of using wet paint?
Wet paint has few drawbacks as well. So before making a final decision of choosing liquid painting service, it is important to know drawbacks to evaluate your options better.
• Wet paint finishing is not as durable as powder coating finishing. It starts chipping and cracking after some time in tough climatic conditions. Hence, it requires little extra maintenance than powder coating ( ) and refinishing from time to time.
• It is not easy to get the even thickness of the coating in the first time. Multiple coats are required for unblemished and even finishing. Hence, it adds up to the cost of the finishing.
These are three things you should know about the liquid painting. So make your final decision of hiring a liquid painting service keeping these things in mind.