Topic: Home Improvement
Those who have a septic tank installed at their property understand the important role that the system plays in treating the water waste generated at the property. This also made septic tank cleaning in Houston, Texas ( draneranger/septic-tank-cleaning ) as important because a poorly maintained septic tank may do more harm than any good. Septic tank deposits the solids at the bottom over some time and every tank also has a capacity to hold the waste liquid.
When should a septic tank be cleaned?
The time by which a septic tank should be cleaned depend upon the size of the tank and the volume of the waste generated by the property where it is installed. Septic tank cleaning in Houston, Texas is performed by the team of professionals that are provided commercial cleaning services. The team examines the whole system and inspects it for the level of deposits that accumulate at the bottom. The team then prepares a report that mentions the next cleaning cycle of the tank for its flawless functioning. The report also mentions how and where the waste will be disposed of.
The cleaning of Septic tank
Once the cleaning cycle of the septic tank is decided, it is advised to get the septic tank cleaning in Houston, Texas every time it is due. The cleaning process may include the following steps:
• Once the septic tank is full and due for a cleaning, the field above the tank is cleared of any unwanted thing.
• High-pressure pump is used to pump out the water from the tank. It is important to properly dispose of the pumped out water and do not leave it in open because it may contaminate the area and is harmful for the people living around.
• Once the tank is drained of water, the solid waste that is accumulated at the bottom and the walls of the tank is cleaned with the help of scoops.
• As the water runs through the pipes of the tank, little solid accumulates inside the walls of the pipes and filters. Therefore, pipes and other small parts are also cleaned. If required, then filters are also replaced.
• Like drained water, the solid waste is also disposed of properly and is collected in heavy-duty plastic bags until it is disposed of.
• Once the cleaning is done, the tank is put through the test run, and water is sent through the whole system before declaring it fit for next use.
Benefits of septic tank cleaning
Despite of preparing septic tank for next use, septic tank cleaning in Houston, Texas has some other benefits as well:
• It prevents clogging and blockage in the system that may cause permanent damage.
• It prevents the foul odor that may cause because of overflowing or leakage.
• It protects the property of any harmful contamination.
• The cost of regular cleaning is lower than the emergency repairs in case of system breakdown.
• Some provinces penalized poorly maintained septic tanks ( http://draneranger.com/services/ ) and hence the report with the details of its regular cleaning prevents such type of penalties.