People have choices for email security services, but many users overlook the significance of filtering the spam that is the most crucial part of your hosted mail services. We will be presenting an overview of POP and Exchange Email Hosting so that you can understand the importance of email security ( securence.com/pop-imap-exchange-email-hosting ). Majority of the users are unable to understand that the choices of email boil down to more than just the mail service providers. The cost, pros, and cons, as well as the services, are also very vital especially as email frauds and spam are on the rise and becoming more sophisticated. However, what are the various types of email options and how can they provide you with security. Generally, email types are classified into three categories namely exchange mail hosting, IMAP and POP. Nevertheless, it is essential in having security protocols for both outbound and inbound emails, no matter the types, for keeping your data secure. Here we will be discussing each type in a detailed manner.
POP (Post Office Protocol) – It is a standard and simple method to deliver emails. A POP mail server receives the mails and filters them in the suitable folders of the users. When someone connects to the mail server for retrieving the mails, the messages are automatically downloaded from the server to the users’ disk storage. We will be looking at some of the utilities of POP.
• As all mails are residing on your system, users can read the mails in offline mode.
• Without having access to the internet, you can create messages that you want to send. These messages are stored in the hold folder, and before posting, you can edit as well as allocate different priorities for each message with a scheduled time and date to get posted according to your convenience.
• Opening any attachment is quick as they are already stored on your system and there no fixed limits on the size on the mails you will be sending or receiving.
Hosted Exchange Email – This is specifically designed for businesses who require reliable and powerful mail solution but does not have the resources or skill sets for running their own mail servers in their datacenters. The benefits that exchange email hosting provide are highlighted below.
• It lets you in renting space in the service providers’ datacenter, which is very cost-efficient for small businesses.
• There is no requirement of technical knowledge, as you will be renting space in other’s data center that means you need not to worry about the technical features for managing an exchange mail server ( securence.com/blog ).
• The hosted mails allow you to run the mail accounts with customized mail addresses. With mail hosting, you can use your personal website’s domain name in your mail address like Mike@yourdomain.com.
• Unlike IMAP and POP, the exchange protocols give you permission to sync your shared contacts, calendars, and tasks from any device, which is very easy to coordinate with your friends while you are traveling.