Injuries are common on horse barns in Spotsylvania and most of them take place inside the barn. However, this does not mean that you overlook the situation. You will have to take steps to ensure the safety of your horses at all times.
• As you work around the barn everyday ( ), you need to observe and spot problems before they occur. It is important to check the stalls on a daily basis irrespective of the number of horses you own. Look for damage and if you find any problems, you need to fix it immediately.
• Keep the barn clean and clear the aisle. Do not back any passage otherwise your horse or humans might trip and fall. If you own equipment, you need to hang it up to an area that is easily reachable. Do not store any hazardous hardware inside the horse barn.
• Since your horses will be spending a lot of time inside the stalls, you need to ensure that they stay out of trouble. The walls of your horse barn in Spotsylvania should be sturdy and the gaps below the doors should be less than three inches. If you feed your horse with a tub on the ground, you need to remove them when they are done.
• Common areas inside the barn like wash stalls should be made accident proof. There should be nonslip footing inside the aisle and the wash stalls.
• Make it a point to check the windows and doors of the barn from time to time. The stall doors should open outward or slide. It is better to use sliding doors because they do not block the aisle. Windows should be made from high quality unbreakable material and should be protected from horses.
• Check all the electrical wiring inside the horse barn. It must meet the code specs and should be enclosed for protection. You should seek the help of a professional to ensure that the wiring does not cause any accident in the barn. All the switches and outlets should have a protective cover to keep the dust out.
These are only a few tips for you to ensure that your horses are safe inside the barn ( ) at all times. You also need to carry out a fire safety check from time to time. Do not wait for a calamity to strike to take these measures. Your horses are an important part of your life and you need to look after them in every possible manner.